Evolution & Opportunity
Thanks to the philanthropic investments of Betsy King, Beth Daniel, Dottie Pepper and an anonymous lead donor, the REK Center for Intercollegiate Golf opened in the summer of 1997 and has provided a tremendous competitive advantage to the Furman men’s and women’s golf programs. The REK Center has served as clubhouse and practice facility for Furman’s golf teams, featuring head coaches’ offices, locker rooms and a meeting area, plus putting and chipping greens as well as fairway and greenside bunkers.
After over 20 years, the opportunity exists to raise the bar once again for Furman golf by investing in new, improved, and expanded facilities for the program.
Furman has developed plans to renovate the REK Center and build a new state-of-the-art Indoor Training Facility adjacent to the existing building. The fundraising goal to make these plans a reality is $1 million.
Projects such as this are accomplished exclusively through private philanthropic support. Construction on the new facility and renovations to the existing REK Center will begin as soon as we secure commitments for 100% of the project cost ($1 million) and collect 33% of that total in donations. Naming opportunities do exist for the project and begin at $15,000. For more information on naming opportunities or ways to support the project, please contact the Athletics Development Office.
REK Center Renovation and Indoor Training Facility Addition
The new Indoor Training Facility will boast the following amenities:
- Indoor putting studio
- Four covered hitting bays
- Club repair shop
- Club and cart storage
- New, expanded locker rooms for the men and the women
- Study area
- Player lounge space
- Heritage display
This addition will complement the existing top-notch course and REK Center by accomplishing the following:
- Attract the nation’s top talent
- Develop and retain elite golfers at Furman
- Provide an indoor training alternative during inclimate weather
- Offer new amenities that do not exist in the current facility (i.e. study space, expanded locker rooms, club repair, club storage, and lounge area)
- Celebrate the legacy and tradition of Furman Golf by honoring legends such as Dottie Pepper, Brad Faxon, Beth Daniel, and Betsy King
- Serve as an extra incentive for golfers to attend when we may not be able to offer competitive scholarship dollars
Phase 1 - Gifts to Goal
Furman is pursuing gifts in the following ranges to raise $1 million for the REK Expansion Project:
Naming Opportunities will be available to recognize donor generosity. The following naming oppportunities are available:
Note: Tables last updated November 27, 2018
Additional naming opportunities below $15,000 dollars will be available as the project progressess, but not until leadership gifts have been secure.
For more information or to give please contact:
Erin Wissing | Sr. Associate Athletics Director for External Affairs | firstname.lastname@example.org | 678-230-1260
Jodi Welp | Assistant Athletics Director for Administration & Development | email@example.com | 864-637-8444