OFFICE OF TRADEMARKS & LICENSING
Thank you for your interest in licensing with the Furman University Office of Trademark & Licensing (FUOTL). Please read the information below and if you have questions or need additional information, please contact us at the following:
Furman University Office of Trademarks and Licensing
3300 Poinsett Highway
Greenville, South Carolina 29613
C/O Mike Arnold
Phone: 864.294.3267 • Fax: 864.294.3269
LICENSING WITH FUOTL
FEES FOR LICENSING
APPLYING FOR A LICENSE
1. Complete the application in full, providing FUOTL with a comprehensive look at your company and its involvement and experience within the licensing industry.
Once you have completed the application send it with the other required elements to FUOTL at the address above, and keep a copy of the application packet for your records. FUOTL will review each application based on the information provided and if your application is approved, you will receive a standard license agreement packet. If your application is not approved, you will be notified in writing.
**Applications submitted without all of the above-mentioned items will not be processed**
THE LICENSING PROCESS
1. Sign and return the Standard License Agreement.
2. Remit payment for all applicable administrative fees and advances as stated on the invoice received with the licensing packet.
3. Submit a certificate of product liability insurance that names FUOTL as the certificate holder with a complete additional insured’s statement. Minimum limits of liability and other helpful information may be found in the FUOTL Application Overview as well as in the Standard License Agreement.
4. Submit the company’s identification tag or label that will appear on all products, FUOTL requires all licensees to properly identify their company on each product with either a neck label, hang tag or byline.
**Authorization to produce products bearing the marks of any FUOTL client will not be granted until the company has completed the licensing process in its entirety and received an executed standard license agreement. **
MAINTAINING YOUR LICENSE
Standard License Agreement to your company. To keep your license in good standing, you must remember to:
If you have questions, please feel free to call, fax or e-mail FUOTL for further assistance.
CLP LABEL INFORMATION
Authentication Program, which is designed to protect legitimate licensees fro unlicensed and counterfeit products. The CLP labels and hangtags combine several optical imaging techniques into a single image to create the high level of security found in the CLP labels.
Because of these security features, licensees may not print or produce their own CLP
labels. For more information about the CLPA Authentication program, including FAQ’s and ordering information, please download the full information packet at www.opsecsecurity.com/clpa/clpa_authentication.pdf.
- Furman University, its Board of Trustees, employees and/or agents must be listed as being Additionally Insured on your insurance certificate.
- The certificate must be marked for Commercial General Liability, Products and Completed Operations in the amount of $1,000,000 or higher.
• The certificate must be marked for “each occurrence” in the following amounts:
• $1,000,000 for bodily injury
• $300,000 for property damage
• Consumable and high risk products require a $3,000,000 aggregate and $3,000,000 for each occurrence.
CODE OF CONDUCT INFORMATION
FAIR LABOR ASSOCIATION
The Fair Labor Association (FLA) is a unique, collaborative effort designed to help improve working conditions in factories around the world. By working cooperatively with forward-focused companies, non-governmental organizations (NGO’s) and universities, the FLA developed a workplace code of conduct based on International Labor Organization (ILO) standards, and created a practical remediation and verification process to achieve these standards. For more information on the FLA, the monitoring and remediation processes or the participants, please visit <http://www.fairlabor.org>.
How do I apply to be affiliated with the FLA?
Licensees are currently organized in four categories, based primarily on company size. Category A and B companies are those which have total annual revenues in excess of $50 million. Category A licensees commit to bring their full supply chain into the FLA processes, while Category B licensees bring in only their factories that produce collegiate licensed/logo goods. Category C companies have total revenues between $5-$50 million, and manufacture outside of the United States. These categories are subject to change as the FLA program develops.
What about factory disclosure?
Once you have successfully completed the licensing process you may request Furman logos and information about correct color values, usage guidelines and restrictions. This may be obtained by contacting Mike Arnold at 864.294.3267 or by e-mail at <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Licensees are required to receive formal approval for all artwork prior to production. You may submit your artwork to FUTOL by contacting Mike Arnold by e-mail at <Mike.email@example.com>. Once a decision has been made concerning the approval of the design you submit, we will notify you via e-mail.